Thursday, March 22, 2007

Scully gets a promotion

Last Monday, I became Conservative Group Leader on Sutton Council and Tony Shields was elected Deputy Leader. I'm grateful for the trust that my colleagues have put in me and know that it'll be a steep learning curve having only been on the Council for 10 months.

I have met with colleagues and officers of the council and will continue to do so over the coming few days, but of course, I am most keen to speak with as many residents as possible. It is you who look to us to put your views across and it is you who will judge us on our performance. I am confident that with the talented group of councillors that we have in the Conservative group, we will be able to build on our success, taking the ruling LibDems to task, detailing the areas where we feel improvements can be made and ultimately taking control in 2010 to implement these changes and acheive better services at a realistic cost to all of us.

No comments: