Thursday, October 02, 2008

Conference Report 1 - Plan for Change



(If the video doesn't work first time, press pause and then play again. It seems to work eventually.)

Yesterday, I came back with a number of Sutton councillors and supporters from Birmingham. I think I can speak for all when I say that we are more optimistic, excited about change and further enthused to make that change happen.

The global financial situation is at the forefront of people's minds at the moment and quite rightly. I'm worrying about whether my savings will still be there in a few weeks, the price of food and fuel over the next few months and the level of taxes that I'll have to pay over the next few years to pay for the biggest Government deficit in the developed world except Pakistan, Egypt and Hungary.

Since the news has been concentrating on the Bradford & Bingley and the American bailout, you may have missed some of the main announcements from the Conservatives that will affect you. Have a look at the video above for a brief starter whilst I fish out further details of the main course and desert.

No comments: